Search This Blog

Dorothy Parker



  • I like to have a martini, two at the very most. After three I'm under the table, after four I'm under my host.



  • I don't know much about being a millionaire, but I'll bet I'd be darling at it.



  • Where, unwilling, dies the rose, buds the new, another year.



  • Love is like quicksilver in the hand. Leave the fingers open and it stays. Clutch it, and it darts away.



  • There was never a place for her in the ranks of the terrible, slow army of the cautious. She ran ahead, where there were no paths.



  • Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses.



  • The two most beautiful words in the English language are ''chaque enclosed''.



  • The best way to keep children home atmosphere pleasant - and let the air out of the tires.



  • Poisons pain you; rivers are damp; acid stains you; and drugs cause cramp. Guns aren't lawful; nooses give; gas smells awful; you might as well live.



  • Lips that taste of tears, they say are the best for kissing.



  • If you want to know what God things of money, just look at the people he gave it to.



  • Wit has truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words.



  • I don't care what is written about me so long as it isn't true.



  • Scratch a lover, and find a foe.



  • Constant use had not worn ragged the fabric of their friendship.



  • Women and elephants never forget.



  • Take care of the luxuries and the necessities will take care of themselves.



  • Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone.



  • Brevity is the soul of lingerie.



  • Work is the province of cattle.



No comments:

Post a Comment