Search This Blog

Margaret Thatcher



  • I've got a woman's ability to stick to a job and get on with it when everyone else walks off and leaves it.



  • Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't.



  • I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end.



  • Success is having a flair for the thing that you are doing, knowing that is not enough, that you have got to have hard work and a sense of purpose.



  • If you want to cut your own throat, don't come to me for a bandage.



  • There can be no liberty unless there is economic liberty.



  • You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.



  • If you just set out to be liked you would be prepared to compromise on anything at any time, and you would achieve nothing.



  • Nothing is more obstinate than a fashionable consensus.



  • If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.



  • People think that at the top there isn't much room. They tend to think of it as an Everest. My message is that there is tons of room at the top.



  • I'm not hard, I'm frightfully soft. But I will not be hounded.



  • Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end. It's not a day when you lounge around doing nothing; it's when you've had everything to do, and you've done it.



  • Any woman who understands the problems of running a home will be nearer to understanding the problems of running a country.



  • The lady's not for turning.



  • Plan your work for today and every day, then work your plan.



  • It may be the cock that crows, but it is the her that lays the eggs.



No comments:

Post a Comment