Search This Blog

Isaac Newton



  • Plato is my friend - Aristotle is my friend - but my greatest friend is truth.




  • I have studied these things - you have not.




  • Oh, Diamond! Diamond! thou little knowest what mischief thou hast done!




  • It is the perfection of God's works that they are all done with the greatest simplicity. He is the God of order and not of confusion.




  • God created everything by number, weight and measure.




  • I do not define time, space, place, and motion, as being well known to all.




  • We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances.




  • The other part of the true religion is our duty to man.




  • I frame no hypotheses.




  • If I have seen further it is by standing on ye sholders of Giants.




  • The Popes began also about this time to canonize saints, and to grant indulgences and pardons:




  • Atheism is so senseless & odious to mankind that it never had many professors.



No comments:

Post a Comment