Search This Blog

Rudyard Kipling



  • I keep six honest serving men. ( They taught me all I know ); Their names are What and Why and When and how and Where and who.



  • A rag and a bone and a hank of hair.



  • We have forty million reasons for failure, but not a single excuse.



  • A woman's guess is much more accurate than a man's certainty.



  • For the female of the species is more deadly than the male.



  • God knows, and He won't split on a pal.



  • If you hit a pony over the nose at the outset of your acquaintance, he may not love you but he will take a deep interest in your movements ever afterwards.



  • Sing, for faith and hope are high - none so true as you and I - sing the Lovers' Litany: ''Love like ours can never die!''



  • The colonel's lady and Judy O'Grady Are sisters under their skins.



  • Make ye no truce with Adam-zad - the Bear that walks like a man.



  • There are nine and sixty ways of constructing tribal lays, and every single one of them is right.



  • He travels the fastest who travels alone.



  • An' I learned about women from 'er.



  • Words are the most powerful drug used by mankind.



  • Though I've belted you and flayed you, by the livin' Gawd that made you, you're a better man than I am, Gunga Din.



  • God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers.



No comments:

Post a Comment